An exchange rate table displays the value of one currency in relation to other currencies, providing a comparison of the exchange rates for various currencies.
A secure and efficient way to transfer funds internationally, available in a variety of currencies and with competitive exchange rates.
Ordering Foreign Currency
In the event you have international payments/remittances over K20,000 to make, placing a Foreign Exchange (FX) Order is the way to go.
Foreign Currency Notes
Physical bills or banknotes denominated in a foreign currency, ideal for carrying cash when travelling internationally.
Foreign Currency Account
Hold funds in a variety of foreign currencies, ideal for managing international transactions and reducing currency risk.
Data current as at 08/12/2023
|Symbol||Currency||Bank Buy TT||Bank Buy OD/TC||Bank Buy Notes||Bank Sell Notes||Bank Sell TT/OD/TC||Buy Notes Limit|
|GBP||Great Britain Pound||0.2147||0.2247||0.1807||0.1997||1,000|
|HKD||Hong Kong Dollar||2.1721||2.1821||2.1821||1.9921||2.0221||1,000|
|NZD||New Zealand Dollar||0.4382||0.4482||0.4482||0.3818||0.4232||1,000|
|USD||United States Dollar||0.276||0.286||0.286||0.2262||0.261||1,000|
- All rates are subject to change without notice
- To convert PNG Kina to Foreign Currency, multiply by the rate
- To convert Foreign Currency to PNG Kina, divide by the rate
- The maximum limit for foreign notes purchase is an equivalent of K1,000
- Please confirm the limit of transactions and other conditions with us at email@example.com
How to Order Foreign Currency
In the event you have international payments/remittances over K20,000 (PGK equivalent) to make, placing a Foreign Exchange (FX) Order is the way to go.
For amounts below K20,000 (PGK equivalent) please refer to the asterisk* below.
- Before placing an order, ensure you have the PGK equivalent of the amount in your account(s) at Kina Bank for the duration of the Foreign Currency Order.
- For customers importing goods, place an order with us at the time you import. Provide invoices, payment terms and estimated time of arrival. This allows us to do our best to ensure currency is available to help you meet your deadlines.
*For international payments less than K20,000.00 (PGK equivalent): 1) Organise invoice and/or supporting documents, 2) Fill out Telegraphic Transfer Form and 3) Present to your nearest branch.
How to Apply
- Organise your invoice and other supporting documents for the payment/remittance.
- Fill out FX Order Application Form.
- Send documents from (1) and (2) to Kinafxorders@kinabank.com.pg for currency allocation.
- Once the currency has been allocated to your order, you will receive a deal confirmation email.
- Fill out the Telegraphic Transfer Form.
- Prepare physical copies of the documents from (1), (2), (4) and (5) i.e the Invoice and other supporting documents, FX Order Application Form, Foreign Exchange Deal Confirmation and Telegraphic Transfer Form, and submit to your nearest Branch. For businesses/corporates based in Port Moresby, please deliver documents to our Waigani Islander branch.