Key Product Features
Set Up Balance
To open a Kina Tomorrow Savings Account you need to have an opening balance of PGK50.
Linked Transactional Account
When you open a Kina Tomorrow Savings Account, you also become instantly eligible for a linked Kina Everyday Account. Simply visit your local branch and speak to our friendly staff who will help set you up.
What About The Fees?
Good question. Consistent with similar savings accounts, there are minimal fees such as over-the-counter withdrawal fees, deposit fees and online transactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Kina Tomorrow Savings Account?
The Kina Tomorrow Savings account is a ‘true savings account’ with no monthly account maintenance fees, helping you save more! The accounts gives you the opportunity to earn a bonus interest of 3% on top of the standard 1% interest if no withdrawals are made during the month. That means you have the opportunity to earn 4% interest which is paid out monthly. The interest is calculated per annum and paid monthly.
How do I open the Kina Tomorrow Savings Account?
Simply visit your local Kina Bank branch and complete the account-opening form. You will need to have 2 forms of primary identification and have enough funds to meet the minimum account opening balance of PGK50.
What are forms of primary ID?
When applying for a new account you will need to have 2 forms of primary ID. We classify primary ID as:
- Passport (foreign passports must include a copy of your entry permit)
- Driver’s licence
- Employment ID card with employment confirmation letter
- Current student ID and confirmation letter from your tertiary provider
- Superannuation membership card
- PNG work permit with Labour & Industrial Relations letter
- PNG Government issued photographic Licence and or Permit
- National Identity card issued by NID office
*All forms of ID must be valid. Any expired ID won’t meet the ID requirements and as such we won’t be able to accept the ID. If you don’t have 2 forms of Primary ID please call us on +675 308 3800 or 180 1525.
What are the features of the Kina Tomorrow Savings Account?
- A low opening balance of just PGK50
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Access to both Personal Online Banking and Kina Konnect phone banking
- High-interest rate to save money faster
What are the fees and charges attached to the Kina Tomorrow Savings Account?
All our fees and charges can be found in the Kina Bank Fees Schedule, click here to access.
If I am an existing Kina Bank customer, am I eligible to open a Kina Tomorrow Savings Account?
Yes, as long as you meet the minimum opening balance requirements of PGK50. Current savings accounts won’t be automatically rolled over. If you want to transition to the Kina Tomorrow Savings account you must visit your local branch and speak with our friendly staff.
Do I receive a KinaCard with my new Kina Tomorrow Savings Account?
Is my Kina Tomorrow Savings Account a transactional or savings account?
The Kina Tomorrow Savings account is a is set up as a “true savings account”, offering you the opportunity to earn bonus interest on your monthly deposits when no withdrawals are made during the month.
How is bonus interest applied to my account?
Bonus interest is applied to your account each month based on the below conditions:
- When a despot is made within the month and no withdrawals are made – Bonus applied
- Deposit with withdrawals – No bonus applied
- No deposit and no withdrawal – No bonus applied
- No deposit, no withdrawal (no activity) – No bonus applied
Am I eligible to apply for a cheque book with my Kina Tomorrow Savings Account?
The Kina Tomorrow Savings Account does not come with a cheque book and we do not issue cheque books if requested.
Fees and limits schedule
Still have questions?
Call Toll Free on 180 1525 or +675 308 3800
Or email us on email@example.com
Kina Digital Banking
Do your banking anytime, anywhere.
Whether it’s for personal banking or business, we’re committed to making your banking experience as easy and as simple as possible.